Billy K. Lemons
President & Principal Consultant
& Management Group, LLC
+1 844.936.2400 Ext. 1101
Originally from the southwestern Oklahoma oil patch in the Anadarko Basin, Billy K. Lemons grew up in west Texas and came to Nacogdoches, Texas in 1970 for the natural resources program at the School of Forestry at Stephen F. Austin State University, now the Arthur Temple College of Forestry & Agriculture, earning a Bachelor of Science in Forestry degree in 1974. Having a special interest in providing handicapped children and adults with outdoor recreational opportunities that might not otherwise be available to them, he also completed a thirty-semester-hour second academic major in Social and Rehabilitation Services in the SFASU School of Education, along with an academic minor in Forest Recreation Management in the SFASU School of Forestry.
Billy attended the Graduate School at SFASU, where he studied applied statistics and natural resource biometrics, specializing in regression analysis. In addition, he completed graduate level studies in advanced soil science and advanced photogrammetry and remote sensing. While attending the Graduate School at SFASU, he held research and teaching assistantships in natural resource biometrics (regression analysis research), soil science (laboratory research, teaching) and general forestry (teaching).
He has also completed post-graduate coursework and studies and acquired certificates and continuing education in oil and gas law, petroleum and energy land management, petroleum engineering, petroleum and energy economics, environmental regulation of oil and gas exploration and production, geographical information systems (GIS), real estate law, real estate principles, taxation and estate planning, among other areas applicable to his professional practice.
From 1976 through 1978 he served as Forest Technologist for the School of Forestry at SFASU and as Director of the SFASU College of Forestry Field Station.
Billy established a natural resource consulting practice in 1980 which has evolved into the current firm. During these years the boundaries of the firm’s practice have been enlarged to include a wide, multi-disciplinary range of professional analytical, advisory and asset management services.
His professional and industry memberships and affiliations include:
- Society Of Petroleum Engineers – Member
- American Association Of Professional Landmen – Member
- Multiple Regional Geological Societies – Member
- Texas Land & Mineral Owners Association – Member; Regional Vice President, 2007-2011; Recipient, Membership Recruitment Award, 2008
- Society Of American Foresters – Member; Member, Inventory & Biometrics Working Group
- Texas Society Of American Foresters – Member; Parliamentarian, 1989-1990; Secretary/Treasurer, 1988; Executive Committee, 6 Years; Chairman, Lufkin-Nacogdoches Chapter, 1984; Vice-Chairman, Lufkin-Nacogdoches Chapter, 1983; Chaired Or Served On Various State And Local Committees
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association – Member
Billy is registered by the Texas Real Estate Commission as an Easement or Right-of-Way Agent, Certificate of Registration No. 2293, and is the Designated Agent for registration by the Commission of Resource Analytical & Management Group, LLC, as an Easement or Right-of-Way Agent Business, Certificate of Registration No. 6152. (See our Services Legal Notices page.)